View Single Post
Old 04-24-2022, 04:24 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Carolina Storm Wheel

How did I miss the 12" wheels?! From the link you attached they come in 10", 12", 14" and 16" - for some reason when I googled I only came across the 16" one I think.

I mentioned these wheels to the person from the rescue yesterday (when discussing my silent runner I wasn't happy with). She said they found them very heavy. Now whether that is for attaching to the cage bars or generally, I'm not sure. I like a wheel that attaches to the bars, which is why I liked the Silent runner. It allows me to put the wheel where I want, not worry about supporting it underneath, and free up some space in a cage. The Tic Tac wheels do have bar attachments and come with them. I notice the stands are sold separately and out of stock!

How heavy is the wheel Cloudy? I guess "heavy" is an individual thing - it's bound to be heavier than plastic!

I've also sent for a cheap plastic Trixie wheel as a spare They vary - some are ok some are a bit rattly but you can always send them back if it's not a good one and get another one. I like to have a spare for the playpen or in case there's a problem with the one in the cage.

I do like the sound of the tic tac wheels though, if they can be bar mounted and look easier to clean.

Incidentally - Getzoo now do a plastic wheel with a cork running surface and the cork running surface is removable and replaceable.

I don't think I'd add Cork to the tic tac wheel until the hamster has tried it - it might be fine.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote