View Single Post
Old 04-22-2022, 05:38 PM  
arnoldshirl
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Carolina Storm Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
I bought one of these ages ago to see what they were like as popular at the time. Been using it in the playpen for a few years.

It was hard to find them in the Uk at the time so I ordered it direct from their site in the US and it was an expensive purchase at about £40 with the shipping.

Anyway I'm now using it in the new Syrian's cage, as the only working wheel I had to hand. So I thought I might look at buying another one.

And the reason I'm posting this is - it's unbelievable the shipping cost!

The wheel is $23.99
The shipping is $1000

A thousand and 23 dollars 99 for a wheel! No way! I'm guessing this is something to do with the pandemic as can't see how Brexit would affect shipping from the US.

Anyway I was never that impressed with mine at first - it seemed a bit flimsy and got a bit squished out of shape in the box. But bent it back into shape and it's lasted well, even with just playpen use. All our Syrians loved it in the playpen so I hope the new one does too.

I wasn't too keen on the stand and pipework. It is height adjustable but not much and too heavy to sit on substrate.

It doesn't attach well to bars without flopping forwards. But I've found using the bar fixing plates for the silent runner makes it fit to the bars well!
WOW! that's expensive indeed This pandemic has the whole world running in a circular motion and no one is truly getting anywhere except exhausted Financially.
arnoldshirl is offline   Reply With Quote