View Single Post
Old 04-22-2022, 01:17 PM  
arnoldshirl
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Safe bathing sand uk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
There is a lot of conflicting information about hamster products so i rely on my own judgement and common sense.
I agree with you on this Ria, relying on own judgment and common sense is without a doubt a Fail-Safe way for the hamster and one's self conscious too. I recently purchased the Play Sand and after rinsing it three times and baking it three times also, I kept experiencing dust. It was several days later is when I found my Roborovski Dwarf Hamster exit her home and saw her right eye was shut. I contacted the local Vet and they verbally suggested over the phone to use a warm salt solution and Q-Tip and gently wipe her eye. I did. Took several times doing this over several days period, but eventually it worked. I also mentioned to them the latest change to her substrate, using the Play Sand, and how dusty it seems. They stated it is possibly the reason of her eye problem because of the dust. Well, my own judgement and common sense had me remove the Play Sand immediately and use Reptifresh white. It is free of chemicals and dyes and she is having no more eye issues and she has already been seen by the local Vet too. Got a good check of health!
arnoldshirl is offline   Reply With Quote