Thread: Little Pico
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2022, 05:20 AM  
heidii
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Little Pico

I will be keeping him for a while, I do assume. I am often browsing pet sites and just letting people know that if they can't find a home for their ham, or if they have to get rid of it ASAP, that I can take it in and find a perfect home for them.

That was the plan for little Pico, but I do agree that, as of the moment, I will not be looking for another home for him. Though, I know a family member has been actively looking for a Roborovski, however they are undergoing a bit of stress as of the moment. Perhaps in all due to time Pico will go to them, however I won't rehome him to them just because their family. I do want to know he's going to a good home that knows how to care for hamsters, and in particular, dwarf hamsters.

The cage is very small. I found a hamster for sale in Plymouth, but it's housed in the same cage, so I'll leave this photo here:

I've unattached the tubes as I'm just not comfortable with them. I think I'm just a major barred cage hater. It's difficult to clean, especially when the hamster is running about in circles. I'm not sure if I'm just too used to Neptr's cage that's similar to a Linnmon.

I have already taken out the bedding. He seems a bit too small and I just don't want to risk anything with his respiratory system. I've covered his cage with a coat again, and he almost instantly settled more.

I am more likely to be looking at tank alternatives as a result. Do you think a Detolf could work, and I could just separate it in the middle? That way he'd have roughly 450 square inches or so ? Otherwise I've been looking at PawHut and Diversa, but I'm not entirely sure how I feel about their wooden cages.

As you can see, the cage is really quite bare. I will pick a couple things up from the pet store today, and I'll go ahead and get him a wheel too.
heidii is offline   Reply With Quote