Thread: Little Pico
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2022, 04:00 AM  
heidii
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Little Pico

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudy View Post
Oh my gosh! Pico could have escaped. She really does not seem to understand hamsters. It is such a relief you rescued him. I have heard of some hamsters spinning and such due to malnutrition and lack of enrichment. Hopefully now that Pico is with you his health will improve.
He was on Harry Hamster, and gets quite a bit by looking at his food bowls. He also had an entire bowl of treats (unbranded, though they looked like dehydrated apple and beatroot(?) squares), a peanut, and these fruit bars? As well as a few dandelion leaves, that were awfully soggy. So, definitely couldn't be malnutrition, unless he's not eating. I've bought the bunny dwarf mix which I heard was really good for them, and I have rodipet as of the moment which is definitely better than an entire harry the hamster and treat diet. Lack of enrichment could definitely be a culprit, as he only has a small bright blue willow ball. I'd give him some, but all my enrichment is in Neptr's enclosure, and I wouldn't want anything of his to be in little Pico's cage.

I'll take out the softwood shavings now. Just didn't want to needlessly stress him.

I'll be going to IKEA in the near future, and will be getting a detolf. The Detolf was initially for Neptr, but now it looks like Pico is going to get an upgrade.

Also, is there a way to tell age/gender that's relatively obvious on a Robo? I'll take him to the vets next week if all seems well, if something is blatantly obvious I'll take him earlier, of course.
heidii is offline   Reply With Quote