View Single Post
Old 04-20-2022, 03:51 PM  
Miaulent
Newborn Pup

Default Female Syrian Hamster Dark Spot on Genitals

Hi everyone,

Disclaimer: I cannot figure out how to attach a photo from my phone to this thread. I tried saving it to my iCloud Drive files but it just keeps telling me it’s invalid or too big. Not sure if I can message anyone the pic??? If I figure out how to post the photo I will

I just got my female Syrian hamster less than a month ago and she is still getting comfortable around me so I’m not able to pick her up (yet) but I can pet her. I noticed she was in heat yesterday (when I pet her back her butt would stick up in the air). I noticed that she has a dark pigment around her vagina, and when I looked closer it seems like it’s part of her skin (not poop or wet tail). I haven’t seen dark pigmentation like this in the past 3 hamsters I’ve had and mostly wanted to know if this is normal for hamsters to have dark pigments around their genitals. It is only on her vagina and not her anus.

Her behavior is normal she eats, sleeps, drinks and exercises like herself. The only other thing I’ve noticed is she itches herself frequently, but I haven’t seen any hair loss/red skin/fry skin, etc. not sure if the itching is related to the dark genital.
Miaulent is offline   Reply With Quote