View Single Post
Old 04-19-2022, 04:03 AM  
AmityvilleHams
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: are flatbreads okay?

If it were just plain unenriched flour & water with nothing else added, I would say it should be fine. Problems would generally be when things like sugar, salt, vitamins & minerals, preservatives, etc are added as well as any unsafe ingredients.

You could even perhaps try making your own with completely safe ingredients if you had the time and wanted to though, but if I was doing something similar I would go with more nutritionally beneficial flours than just wheat and lean more towards a cracker style than a bread type product. I would also add very nutritious ingredients - think hemp seed, flax seed, etc to really improve the nutritional value of them as well as increasing the overall variety the treats would contain!

That being said, unprocessed whole food ingredients are going to be ideal with seeds and nuts with some exceptions. Peanut for example in a raw state can harbor harmful mold spores while the roasted version is much safer, providing there's no added salt/oil/etc with those - especially if you go human grade since bird & general pet grade peanuts tend not to be stored as well for example!
AmityvilleHams is offline   Reply With Quote