Thread: Hello Hammy
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2022, 03:05 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Hello Hammy

Hello. Glad he’s settling in well. The hamster heaven is fine if set up carefully. It might have been my cage with the Sputnik and tube leading to it . The large rat Sputnik are great. I hang it near the front just to the left of the door in the cage. Then tie a rat tube to the roof which goes at an angle across the roof with one end going into a Sputnik entrance and the other end sitting on a shelf at the back. It gives an extra roof run. I put some bedding in the rat Sputnik. Our first Syrian liked to climb out of it onto the open cage door (and go back into the cage via the Sputnik too - he didn’t like being lifted into the cage so I just let him walk into the Sputnik from my hands.

I often found him chilling in it at night and all our Syrians have used their rat sputniks. It’s just another hide basically - somewhere to go. That and the coconut huts are round and they seem to like round things!

The HH works best with the tubes and penthouse removed and just one shelf so you have room for a bigger wheel.

He could be quite happy in it - if you think he needs more space later you could upgrade him later but it’s easier to tame them in that cage sometimes.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote