View Single Post
Old 04-16-2022, 11:53 AM  
cloudy
Whimzee dealer

Default Re: Hamster's fur is changing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowNinjaHamster View Post
Do you have any advice on what to Google? I can't find anything. He usually tries to escape when I am near the cage, yet lately when I take him out in my hands he starts biting me, yet I can still pet him when he's in his cage and he even comes onto my hand and even when he stays there and I take him out he starts biting me, but not all the time. I'm getting very mixed signals from him. I think something is wrong.
It would be a lot easier if he could talk…

There are many books on how cats and dogs communicate, but not so many about hamsters. I'm having difficulties understanding what's exactly wrong.
Amazon.co.uk

That is a link to the kind of mesh I meant. People carefully attach it around the cage and this prevents the hamster from being able to squeeze through the bars.

If you post a picture of your cage then maybe that would help as people could offer you advice. I understand what you are saying. It is hard to know what a hamster is thinking especially if it is new to us.

I know some hamsters are not keen on being held and people interact with them offering a treat instead of by touching them.
cloudy is offline   Reply With Quote