Thread: Cage options
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2022, 09:02 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Cage options

My robos set up in the Plaza is further down the page on the link below. You can see the cardboard inside the bars. It makes the height about 4" lower when filled with substrate. I still felt it was a bit high over a rock thing so hung a large hammock right up against the roof inside, and an egg box hammock further along over something else that wasn't a soft landing. They were intended to be there in case he climbed the bars to the roof and fell and not for him to climb into but he has found a way to climb into them from the small back shelf!

It isn't easy dealing with the height and I had three pine shelves already that I used instead of the one the cage comes with, plus a large labyrinth house on the right which makes another lower shelf.

I've looked at the Ritz again and it is a better height and also has narrow bar spacing. It does at least have a front door, if only a small one. A lot depends on how easy it would be to get your hamster out.

Even with the large front door on the Plaza I'm having problems getting our robo out (as he just runs away). So it might not make a lot of difference. It could be difficult getting your hand in the little door possibly to get him to go into a tube eg. Although might be possible to have a hand in the top and a hand in the front.

Let's see your cages - New thread - July 2017
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote