View Single Post
Old 04-14-2022, 12:37 PM  
Lilafernim
Senior Hamster

Default Re: I've been back and forth from the vets for months

I know it’s not the same but just to add to experiences, Velma we had a similar experience with one of our dogs. She couldn’t use her back legs properly anymore and her lungs were filling with water so she couldn’t breath properly or eat.

Our vet said though that she could be put on pain killers and taken home but a dogs life is to run and be happy, she couldn’t even sleep without choking sometimes. My mum made the decision to put her to sleep then despite the vet and honestly it was the right choice, she’d had enough and it took next to nothing for her to be taken.

Another alternative experience is my third hamster as a child had ear mites. I took him to the vets and they’d given me a solution to give him but he was older anyway. On a revisit to the vet they gave me more solution but he was starting to swell and his eyes were drooping more. One day getting home from school I knew he’d died because my cupboard where the cage was, was crawling with hundreds of mites. His whole ear was swollen and I really regret not putting him to sleep.

I was around 12 and trusted the vet that he’d get better but honestly just trust yourself. If you think they’re in pain and they’re not enjoying life just help them along the way because it ends up feeling like a relief to know they’re not in pain and went peacefully.
Lilafernim is offline   Reply With Quote