View Single Post
Old 04-14-2022, 11:45 AM  
Lilafernim
Senior Hamster

Default Re: Syrian Hamster baby

I think people also tend to say ones from pets stores can take longer to settle in because they tend to be handled less. My Syrian who I got on preloved took ages until she was less jumpy, she’d feed from my hand after a couple of weeks but she wouldn’t sit in my hand until over a month had gone. Sometimes they can be very nervous.

Please don’t take offence by this either but I haven’t seen you post before and if you got him from pets at home they can give terrible advice. For a male Syrian they need minimum 80x50cm cage and 6-8inches of paper bedding plus a large hide. Not like those strawberries or tiny ones they sell although ones like the coconut hide can be good additionally to a big hide. Also, a 28cm wheel.

Like I say, I’m not trying to presume anything and could be wrong, just I think it’s better to know this all earlier rather than later. Also it may help your hamster taming process occur quicker because they’ll be more comfortable. Sometimes pets stores don’t always give the right info.
Lilafernim is offline   Reply With Quote