View Single Post
Old 04-13-2022, 01:16 PM  
ShadowNinjaHamster

Default Re: Hamster's fur is changing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi_78 View Post
This can happen when some of the fur is rubbed off. Hamster fur isn't always the same colour from the root to the tip - sometimes it's different shades, lighter or darker across the hair shaft. So if the tips of the fur are rubbed off through friction (perhaps he's been rubbing his head against something while gnawing), the fur appears to change colour. I wouldn't worry about it if the skin looks normal and it will probably return to its normal colour in time.

I think when they bite and hold on, but don't draw blood, it's often because they want to tell you something. Maybe they want attention, or food, or they want to go back to their cage. It can be difficult to decipher what they're trying to say sometimes! Hopefully it will settle down again.
I haven't checked his skin in a long time. I should do that again soon when he's awake.
Do hamsters know when they draw blood? It'd make sense that he wanted to go back to his cage, because he started biting me when I took him out and started transporting him to his playground.
I hope he's ok. The biggest problem is that I don't know his age and I have no idea how to figure out how old he is. For awhile I didn't even know what hamster I have.
ShadowNinjaHamster is offline   Reply With Quote