View Single Post
Old 04-13-2022, 11:46 AM  
oliviashutch
Newborn Pup

Default Wet fur around mouth

Hi everyone, a couple days ago I noticed that my hamsters fur (syrian female) was wet around her mouth and down to her front paws. It only happened once and after about 20 minutes it was already pretty much drying. My hamster (oliva) doesn’t really enjoy being handled but I always do weekly “health checks”: I looked for wetness around her lower belly and tail but it was dry and clean, I also looked for scratches or blood around her mouth but everything was fine and I also checked her teeth which were healthy and not overgrown or damaged, her fur was shiny and her eyes, nose and ears were okay and healthy. She’s eating, playing, running and drinking regularly so I was thinking that maybe she could have been wet after grooming herself. Also she’s living in a large cage (600 square inches) with deep paper bedding, sand, a big wheel, fresh water and food everyday, and lots of natural chews. In my country (I’m from Italy) hamsters are not “popular pets” and many vets are not willing to visit her. Should I be concerned?
Also English is not my first language so it’s not perfect
oliviashutch is offline   Reply With Quote