View Single Post
Old 04-11-2022, 05:20 AM  
MaryRobinson
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Percy's unknown skin lesion

Thanks guys! Good thing is, my lovely friend is going to house-sit for us so Percy won't even have to leave his beloved Detolf... so minimal upheaval for him.

We are off in 2 weeks, which is why I'm getting jumpy! Percy is fine, very much himself, just with a scab. (Will post pic). I always worry a vet visit in day(i.e. night!) time would stress him out as he is a definite creature of habit. I think I've decided to watch it for another week and if there's any change to the scab (except for getting smaller) or his behaviour, i'll take him to the nice exotics vet here next week. After that, he'll probably be delighted to see the back of me for a bit!!

I've bought in baby food, written my friend an emergency food plan in case he goes downhill when we are away and will set up a travel cage before we go, just in case. Hopefully by planning for it, it won't be needed!

Good point re.nails. He's a little monkey; he would rather sit sideways for his bottle than sit on the nice stone in front and does avoid his granite roof by walking IN his bowl to cross it so he is a bit of an avoider of all things nail-wearing! He still digs in his sand bath at least but I have noticed his back nails are a little longer than they used to be. I will monitor them.

Senior hams are such a worry, aren't they...!! (Meanwhile, Percy is probably party-planning for the moment we go away lol!)
MaryRobinson is offline   Reply With Quote