View Single Post
Old 04-02-2022, 02:53 PM  
Grinewin
Newborn Pup

Default Cleaning After A Death

Hello all,

My little grandma, Bertha, was put to sleep earlier this week. She'd been steadily aging for a month or so, and then on Tuesday I found her in a bad state. She was three years old and already in renal failure, so I decided to let her go rather than put her through the stress of diagnostics and treatment (if it was even anything able to be treated).

So, I've now got a 2,100 square inch cage that is empty and a roborovski hamster who has been showing signs of not being entirely happy in his smaller cage. I have already sanitized Bertha's cage, but I'm wondering how long I should leave the cage to "air out" before filling it up and moving Bathrick -- the robo -- over. I don't think Bertha had anything contagious, but she was having some diarrhea the day she died, so I want to be extra cautious just in case. I've seen some guides saying you should leave a cage empty for a week or two, but they were written some years back, so I wanted to get everyone's (current) opinions and experience on whether it's truly necessary.

Thanks in advance
Grinewin is offline   Reply With Quote