Thread: Settled in
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2022, 09:27 PM  
arnoldshirl
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Settled in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
I understand your concerns because i'm in a similar quandry.
I have a foster Robo living in a 30in x 12in tank which i believe is the equivalent to a 20 gallon tank. He gets out of cage time, shows no stress behaviours and appears to be an active and happy Robo.
I feel that i ought to move him into a bigger cage as soon as one becomes available because his tank is classed as too small by general opinion.
At the same time i'm a bit reluctant to do so because he seems so settled in his tank.
It can be very difficult to know what's for the best sometimes.
I feel you Ria, I was reluctant before and during the move-in to the 20 gallon tank. I know many still state the 20 gallon isn't the proper size, constantly expressing repeatedly the Roborovski's need bigger. But they are not observing daily how both your Roborovski and my Roborovski are content in the 20 gallon size. Roborovski's are small hamsters and they are intelligent too. They stress quicker than other hamsters, I have read this in different threads posted here in HC. I think we both can rest out reluctances and let our hamsters live stress free. Letting them out to play is seemingly working for both of us as well as for our little furry friends.
arnoldshirl is offline   Reply With Quote