Thread: Settled in
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2022, 09:29 PM  
arnoldshirl
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Settled in

Quikrete all purpose sand? The coarse sand that has very small stones in it? That doesn't sound safe for my little lady. She is the size of a chicken's egg and not expected to play in substrate that is coarse. Does baking it make it softer? I am not a rocket scientist but I don't think it would make it softer, just kill any bugs living in it is all. And I am not stating that you mentioned it would, don't misunderstand me there. I have some Quikrete All-Purpose Sand in the garage, but it is what I used to mix with my concrete. If this is the Quikrete you are referring about, then I will stay paying the price for repti sand.

There's a lot of products that are hard to come by now-a-days. Something about companies unable to export, at least that is what I am being directly told from suppliers. I am definitely not going to even attempt products with any scents. I have seen quite a few on YouTube have colored substrates and some of those products I have seen in PetSmart and even at my local Pet Shop, they are scented or dyed. States it on their packaging. I will not risk my hamster's life with these products.
Worse case scenario of me running out of substrate will be me having to shred an entire package of toilet tissues for her until I find the right and safe substrate.
arnoldshirl is offline   Reply With Quote