Thread: Settled in
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2022, 06:17 PM  
arnoldshirl
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Settled in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
Glad she's settling in now. She looks happy.

The only popcornlike textured substrate i can think of is Carefresh but it's still soft.

Kaytee clean and cozy white is very soft and tissuelike. I prefer the more papery natural but can't get it just now.

I think that there are suitable, paperbased substrates available in the US but i can't remember the name of it.
You could have a look under Housing and there may be threads on different substrates.

I've never tried Aspen. It's expensive over here and i have a lot of hamsters so stick to Kaytee clean and cozy 85l bags. I'm not sure if i'd want to use Aspen as the entire substrate either. The Kaytee doubles as nesting material but they still like their mountain of plain toilet paper strips.
I like using Aspen because it does provide odor-control. Using it as a bottom base substrate is what I am mostly doing with Aspen. After she finished digging and curled up inside her peanut home, I watched a movie while tearing strips from some toilet tissue rolls; ended up going shredding three rolls before I realized it. LOL Of course, she didn't wake up to that much because I placed half that amount on top of where she was. Buried her peanut home completely in strips of toilet tissue.

I'll check under the housing thread. Thanks. I didn't see Kaytee brand of white in that Petsmart. I did see other colors but they were scented bedding, lots of those! I am not buying scented bedding. Thanks for letting me know that it's soft tissue texture, I will check around online for some.
arnoldshirl is offline   Reply With Quote