Thread: Hello Jack
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2022, 06:49 AM  
cloudy
Whimzee dealer

Default Re: Hello Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
Jack's a good example of the kind of hamster that may suit you. I bought him off a small ad, he lived in a tiny cage without a wheel and belonged to a child who got bored with him.

He has a very calm temperament, gets up early, likes physical attention and out of cage time but at the same time he's undemanding. He bar chewed once for about two seconds. I think he was copying his neighburs who will try and demand my immediate attention. It was almost like "can't eat the bars so what's the point in chewing them".

So, if he were up for adoption and you lived in the area enquiring, i would be able to give you this information.

Personally, i think there's no harm in you starting to look around while you are waiting for the enclosure, just in case a suitable hamster becomes available with their cage so they'd have somewhere to live in the meantime.

I have actually let suitable people adopt hamsters from me before and let them borrow the cage they were in until they had built their own large enclosure.

People who rescue and rehome are very flexible and accommodating when the right type of person like yourself enquires.
Thank you so much for this information Ria. Jack does sound like a wonderful hamster for me. I looked on Happy Hamsters but it seems they do not rehome to people in London.

I am actually waiting for my partner to finish decorating before I can adopt a hamster. I know paint and gloss is harmful to animals so wanted to get that out the way first. I still need a few bits to buy and need to save for a vet fund too. Once that is done I will be able to look around at potential hamsters.
cloudy is offline   Reply With Quote