Thread: Settled in
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2022, 06:17 PM  
arnoldshirl
Hamster Pup

Default Settled in

Update on Cinnamon Bun.
She is acceptance of her 20L gallon tank home. Yesterday, I changed her bedding from this old style Aspen Bedding to something new. My trip to Petsmart is where I found this Aspen Bedding by Full Cheeks. I placed it inside her place at the depth of 4 inches. I built a wall from Jenga Pieces and placed it in her home to prevent nine inches of the tank filled with repti-sand for her play area to merge with her aspen bedding.
I have to say I am pleased with this aspen bedding and so is she. Cinnamon Bun tunnels and burrows through this finer shavings then she ever done before! I tried to get assistance to inspect more of the paper bedding, but had no luck in even finding a sales person. I am curious on how soft these paper beddings truly are because in the thick packaging the substrate appears like popcorn texture. Is paper bedding popcorn texture or soft like tissue?

Here is a photo to show how she prefers her peanut home closer to the glass bottom then on top of the bedding. She wore herself out digging to the bottom and clearing out all the aspen bedding inside her peanut home.
Now before anyone gasps at how the depth of bedding isn't deep enough, do know that she prefers to sleep against the glass bottom. Rest assure she has plenty of aspen bedding in her place, just not where she sleeps. Her sandy play area is where we interact with one another mostly now too. I run my fingers through the sand as she digs wildly. I even slowly push the sand she is digging out back at her and this makes me laugh because she stops digging and looks around then starts digging wildly some more, wondering why she isn't reaching bottom?!

[IMG][/IMG]

here is a photo of her making another secret passage

[IMG][/IMG]

here she is exiting her secret passage
arnoldshirl is offline   Reply With Quote