Thread: Shaun!
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2022, 04:49 AM  
Axeriax
Hamster Pup

Default Shaun!

Yesterday, Friday 25th of march, we went to pick up our Syrian boy Shaun! This is his diary!

We drove through snowy weather for abit over one hour to get him in a town nearby. The breeder had no problem picking him up and showing me that he is very tame and she said he is such a sweet and calm boy. He got placed in the carrier we brought with us and we got his pedigree, some food and some chews that he is used to. On the ride home he sat in his carrier on my lap. He dug himself through mounds of shredded TP and paper substrate to the bottom of his carrier and fell asleep. I could feel his warmth through the carrier so he must have been quite cosy!

Wen we got home we had to wake him to get into his cage, he was scared. But after a while I got to pick him up and sat him down in his cage. To thank us for his new home he screetched at us a few times before he started exploring. Poor mite was still very scared and let us know it!
He ended up munching in his food dish before going to town on the cage bars for a while. I gently touched his nose each time he started to deter him, but he kept coming back to chew. After some time he got bored of our little game and went to bed.

He woke up while I was at work, and had been exploring and running around, climbing the bars of his cage and jumping down from his big platform so hubby had to put in some more TP and move some stuff around so he would not fall and hurt himself. I got a cute picture of him munching in his food dish.

When I got home he was still awake running up and down his ramp, digging tunnels in his substrate and being a very active little boy! He came to the bars to greet me and I feel very hopefull about that. I was tired from work and went to bed hearing him frolic around in his cage. When I got up this morning he had went to bed and atm he is still sleeping.

I only snapped one picture while he was exploring and took a little video of him in his food dish which I will be adding to his Instagram.

9AF93BB3-FF76-44F3-BCB9-32E2DC323F58.jpeg

Shaun’s Insta: Login • Instagram

Keeper of D.Va the Leopard Gecko

Last edited by Axeriax; 03-26-2022 at 05:22 AM.
Axeriax is offline   Reply With Quote