View Single Post
Old 03-22-2022, 01:08 AM  
Axeriax
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Are my hamsters hybrid?

Honestly, The rules are very strict about weather or not a hamster can be called purebred WW. It only takes one Campbells way back to muddy the line and create hybrids. The chance of you getting the pedigree seems unlikely given that they where 1:wrongfully sexed resulting in inbred pups and 2: this is a as you call it ‘novice breeder’.

Good, reliable and serious breeders of pure dwarfs take pride in their lines being pure and have no issue showing their records. Some , atleast in my country , go to great lengths to get pure animals and even imports from other countries to make their lines more genetically diverse. They do great reasearch into the lines they are crossing into their own line to make sure the animals are pure.

I would seek out this breeder and ask for the information regarding these hamsters, it is good to know for sure in case of dietary needs (predisposition to diabetes)and the fact that you need to sell the pups as pet only so no more hybrids will be produced. Until you get the confirmation of them actually being purebred and see the pedigree yourself I would highly recomend treating them as hybrids.

Keeper of D.Va the Leopard Gecko
Axeriax is offline   Reply With Quote