View Single Post
Old 03-21-2022, 02:12 PM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: What's for dinner?

3 of our Syrians are very fond of a small dollop of porridge in the morning, cooked with water. We use the same oats as you or the Irish ones.

Tonight all of them had a bit of fresh parsley and cucumber. They also like broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, romaine lettuce, carrot, bell pepper, kale, courgette, basil, brussel sprout.
The Syrians get a bit of fruit sometimes, apple, pear, grape, blueberry but our lot doesn't like soft fruit like strawberries or raspberies.

A bit of unseasoned boiled or scrambled egg is popular or a bit of plain cooked pasta (spaghetti is great for playing tug of war).

The Syrians like a grape and nut nibble stick and the dwarfs like the small cheesy ones. Millet sprays are nice treats and herbal or flowery foraging mixes. They like their whimzees of course and dandelion roots to chew on. In the summer i get fresh dandelion leaves and clover from the garden. I buy some treat thingys from the pet shop sometimes but they're not that keen on them.

They love to pinch my food when i'm sitting on the floor eating cheese crackers or a bowl of cereal. Whoever is running around will try to get some.

They seem to like it best when i hide a treat. A raisin inside a tiny cardboard box or a monkey nut strung up in a diy hanging toy, that kind of thing. Half a walnut with the nut left inside is an exciting treat too.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote