View Single Post
Old 03-20-2022, 10:41 PM  
PhoenixEcho
Newborn Pup

Default Re: New Syrian doesn't want to calm down

Another update concerning Jaeger as well as Rasputin.

I think we're past the biting stage. As I can now stroke Jaeger without him flinching or pulling away. A few times he's actually tried to get me to keep it up. He's also taken to some new training I'm trying with both him and Rasputin. It's still a work in progress but when I take the tunnel plug off the side of his cage and hold his hamster ball up the the opening, Jaeger zips right on in. He's figured out that going through the hole means playtime.

I'm doing the same thing with Rasputin, but he's taking a little longer to catch on. I think that's because he a bit younger than the others. He was little more than a baby when I got him, so I've had to take things slower with him.

None of them are really taking to the bathtub taming though. Each time I've tried, all of them start chattering, especially Daxter. Who immediately plonks himself right in the middle of the tub and stares up at me with the expression of: Get me out of here!

All in all, some good progress with a few setbacks. I'm thinking of getting Jaeger a bigger cage but it won't be for a bit longer due to financial reasons. Still, he's doing better and while he still has his bad days, I think he's finally coming around.
PhoenixEcho is offline   Reply With Quote