View Single Post
Old 03-15-2022, 04:36 AM  
Lilafernim
Senior Hamster

Default Re: There ought to be a law

They definitely look like guinea pigs to me! I know what you are saying, maybe it’s just the angle of the photo. Just even long haired Syrians tend to be smaller before being sold or if they’ve grown to that size their fur will grow too and appear lighter in weight than a guinea pigs. Also hamsters eyes I always see as a triangle with the point up or occasionally like a pagani’s side mirror shape lol. Theirs is tear dropped shaped like a guinea pig but they can also be round.

Also the ears of a hamster tend to be slightly different in colour normally lighter, and round with pinkish tone. They look deep in colour and folded again like a guinea pig. Their face seems broader than a hamster as well. Like I said it could’ve just been how you caught the picture with the lighting but they do look like guinea pigs! And again, the reason it might just be the photo is because they look too small for a guinea pig to be sold at.

I just wanted to add that I’m in the uk and I think it’s wrong as well. I only have a couple of pictures from pet stores one saying to use a play ball and just some hamsters in their home.

I got a snapshot from someone else’s video to show our enclosures but I couldn’t find any at a distance

They have got better with their information, I’ve noticed they all mostly say now that they are solitary creatures. But they still have a lot wrong, mostly bedding, cages, exercise balls, advising a full enclosure clean out once a week. And of course keeping multiple together before being sold.

It’s sad and my previous hamster passed away suddenly, it could’ve been something I had done I don’t know. But it made me question if something was underlying as a lot of pet shops breed for looks rather than health. So the only place I’ll purchase a hamster from in pets at home now is in the adoption centre part, as I don’t want to encourage them breeding them in this way.
Lilafernim is offline   Reply With Quote