View Single Post
Old 03-14-2022, 02:40 PM  
AmityvilleHams
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: My Roborovski Dwarf Hamster prefers less space

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnoldshirl View Post
Coconut fiber. Interesting. I wonder how she will feel about having a tropical theme? Hmmm. Sandy beach, coconut fibers, maybe find a beach chair get her some sunglasses...she needs to start now to accessorize for Summer! Lol, just joking. I'll locate and try the coconut fiber. Seems there is a lot more products in the reptile aisle that's for a hamster, this knowledge I find oddly helpful. Why wouldn't it be located in the hamster aisle too if hamster's benefit from it too? It's like the Millet Spray I found in the bird aisle and she seems to love to chew on those. Are those bad for her? I figured it's safe because it's a seedy weed from the wild and it was mentioned Robororvski's are fond of Millet.
I have no idea why nobody seems to have marketed coconut fiber for hamsters or small pets in general yet, but it would be interesting if someone did. Millet spray is great, and they can be really fun for them to forage! Just be sure not to get the flavored kind as that isn't healthy.

I know there's also oat spray, and wheat spray as well. I've sometimes seen millet spray in small animal aisles too, but you can get it in either section depending on which seem to be the best quality, best value, etc - or even which section actually has any in some situations.
AmityvilleHams is offline   Reply With Quote