View Single Post
Old 03-14-2022, 02:32 PM  
arnoldshirl
Hamster Pup

Default Re: My Roborovski Dwarf Hamster prefers less space

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmityvilleHams View Post
Refreshed after posting and saw this sorry - it's not so much a matter of whether you see any issues currently or not. Walnut shell is unsafe period unfortunately and I know you say your hamster seems to love it, but the dangers are very real. I know it seems mean and stressing to remove something your hamster seems to enjoy, but sometimes it has to be done for safety. Coconut fiber as I mentioned in my post before this one is very nice and can be found through pet stores online & in store(Petco, Petsmart, etc) in the reptile section. You mainly just want 100% coconut fiber but it's fairly easy to find!

It sounds like you have a very cute hamster, it'll be very nice to see pictures if you end up being able to manage that. I would say if your hamster is tolerant of increased lighting for short periods of time for photo purposes that's not an issue IMO, especially compared to flash which at least to me seems a lot more stressful.
Coconut fiber. Interesting. I wonder how she will feel about having a tropical theme? Hmmm. Sandy beach, coconut fibers, maybe find a beach chair get her some sunglasses...she needs to start now to accessorize for Summer! Lol, just joking. I'll locate and try the coconut fiber. Seems there is a lot more products in the reptile aisle that's for a hamster, this knowledge I find oddly helpful. Why wouldn't it be located in the hamster aisle too if hamster's benefit from it too? It's like the Millet Spray I found in the bird aisle and she seems to love to chew on those. Are those bad for her? I figured it's safe because it's a seedy weed from the wild and it was mentioned Robororvski's are fond of Millet.
arnoldshirl is offline   Reply With Quote