View Single Post
Old 03-13-2022, 01:54 PM  
AmityvilleHams
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Happy Hamsters: The most important thing... IMHO

Unfortunately those are both poor quality foods unfortunately. The proper diet in the US is Higgins Vita Garden with added flax seed & Pure Bites or another high quality animal protein source(boiled egg for example) - I think we've gone into that on another thread though, and proper diet is extremely important as it ultimately is the basis for good health!

Personally I've heard good things on Chewy. The only negatives seem to come from people buying canned foods and such having them smash other things potentially, but I wouldn't let that deter you from ordering through them. You could order Higgins Vita Garden through Petco for example, but stick to authorized retailers rather than Amazon(food etc isn't necessarily always genuine from there and things can get sketchy in terms of legitimacy of products - some things aren't bad there, but be cautious).

I personally wouldn't store food in the refrigerator due to moisture problems, but you can definitely freeze some. You don't want to get more than you could use in 6 months though as vitamins etc start degrading at that point from things like oxidation which isn't really possible to avoid in a home environment.
AmityvilleHams is offline   Reply With Quote