View Single Post
Old 03-10-2022, 12:53 AM  
Micmartperez
Newborn Pup

Question Questions about sunfire hamster

All the following questions are just to learn about “sunfire” hybrid hamsters. I do not plan on breeding any hamsters. I’m just curious and intrigued. I bought a gorgeous hamster that was labeled as a sunfire hamster. She is mainly white/cream with a yellow/orange stripe and bright red eyes. After trying to learn more I came across certain things that I would like to know if they are accurate or true.

To begin it was an easy give away that sunfire hamsters are hybrids regardless of them being sold as djungarian/WW. One major give away being that red eyes are not found in Dj/WW.

Now for the things I’m not sure or need someone to let me know if they are true:
1. Is it true that hybrids have a shorter life span of 12-18 months?
2. Are sunfire hamsters acquired by breeding a pearl sapphire WW with a red eye agente campbell?
3. Are hybrids prone to diabetes and neurological problems?
4. Breeding hybrids in general is bad but breeding two sunfire hamsters will result in 25% fatal, 50% sunfire, 25% non-sunfire?
5. And lastly is sunfire specific to the combination of yellow/orange coat colors with red eyes or is it interchangeable with pudding and mandarin? Regardless of eye color
Micmartperez is offline   Reply With Quote