Thread: Hamster sitting
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2022, 04:22 PM  
Lilafernim
Senior Hamster

Default Re: Hamster sitting

I do actually have a zero hour contract in care home back home, but with coronavirus precautions it means I can’t go there for the odd shift without going through extensive tests. It’s only really worth it in the holidays.

For term time I just would like something on the side to do. I’ve asked a different care home if I could do some hours there but they said it would mean I’d have to do tests for there and DBS all the rest, then completely reapply for the care home near home which just seems ridiculous.

I think I’m just having difficulty at the moment getting small jobs as I’m overqualified for store jobs while studying but too under qualified to get jobs in the field I’m studying. So I’m just kind of stuck. At the moment I’m just participating in paid studies up at the university and it will be the summer holidays in a couple of months, but it’s be nice to just to have a bit of spare change.

I’ve just been desperate to get Mitzi some shelves and some sort of tunnel. But we’re sort of rationing at the moment and saving for essentials with electric and other bills going up so much. It’s meant we’re a lot shorter than we’d want to be. I’m sure something will come along though it always does!
Lilafernim is offline   Reply With Quote