Thread: Why a hamster?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2022, 05:09 AM  
Lilafernim
Senior Hamster

Default Re: Why a hamster?

I think hamster care now has definitely exploded, and I know when I got Mitzi in her new cage I sat back in awe a little bit. I don’t really understand how I fitted anything in previous cages because I saw Mitzi in this one, and all I think now is “she needs bigger!”. Suddenly seeing a hamster in the minimum requirement you see why it’s called the minimum.

That is incredible serendipity! Maybe he tagged along in the night gown on the persuit for food in pockets! To be honest I’m sure there’s plenty hamsters can find in crumbs, we have clean floors but whenever I let Mitzi out or used to let dafdaf out I’d always catch them crunching on something XD they’re incredibly clever little things.

I think everyone has made mistakes in the past but this thread is really nice to show that. And thank you for your condolences, it did actually teach me something that actually is true. I used to work in a care home and people always used to say they’d pass away as soon as the relatives left. Even if it was for a coffee. I saw this happen myself inside our family. It’s an actual thing where the body holds on for those they love but when they’re out the room they just allow themselves to be at peace so I guess in a way if shnuffles did do that, it was her time to and she was only holding on because she loved me. A compliment really. I’m sorry for your loss also, at least it would’ve been incredibly peaceful for him.
Lilafernim is offline   Reply With Quote