View Single Post
Old 03-06-2022, 02:41 PM  
Lilafernim
Senior Hamster

Default Re: What I've got so far

I got a smaller brick for £1.50 I think in Jolleys pet store but I can’t find a link on there website for it. To be honest though I’ll probably just replace it with this one: https://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/p...bre-brick-650g

Since this is the one I’ve seen a lot of people use and recommend. I’d advice watching a video on YouTube it’s very simple to do, just for silly people like me I got so excited that it puffed up so quick I didn’t realise you’re meant to wait and add more water xD I’ve not heard much about it being controversial personally but I know people have said you shouldn’t use it as a main substrate.

Also I see what Ria is saying, and I have heard kiln dried pine is fine. I’ve heard a lot of people say it can be dangerous but Ria you have a good point that a lot of people may have hamsters with genetic dispositions to certain illnesses. Personally though beyond health I do think Kaytee clean and cosy is a nicer substrate anyway, it’s much softer and seems to last longer. I was told it is bad so personally I just don’t like to take the risk, I’ve made mistakes in the past with certain things and now I’m a worrier over everything!
Lilafernim is offline   Reply With Quote