View Single Post
Old 02-28-2022, 09:28 AM  
Chesterspal
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Real men don't keep hamsters

My sister and I had hamsters as children. Actually, we had two at a time in the same enclosure and never had any issues. Never knew they needed to be raised separately.

We were both very interested in animals in general. Our parents took us to the petting zoo at a young age so we learned to appreciate and respect animals of all kinds.

Now, with us both in our 60's she has four dogs and is very involved, as a volunteer, with the local animal shelter where she lives in New Mexico. She produces videos so they can get the animals adopted quicker. It works!

I, as a single man, have always had a dog and, now, also a cat and together they have become best buds.

The hamster is just the newest addition.

My feeling is, unless children are introduced to animals at a very young age they may not be as inclined to want them later on in life.

BTW: in case you're wondering, the hamster can care less about the cat and pays no attention to him. Bingo, has gotten use to having the hamster around, as well. Chester, the dog, is clueless to the whole deal.

Such is our life together

Last edited by Chesterspal; 02-28-2022 at 11:23 AM.
Chesterspal is offline   Reply With Quote