View Single Post
Old 02-27-2022, 06:28 AM  
Mweekie
Senior Hamster

Default Re: Introducing little Minx

Well I've had Little Minx for just over a month now (where has the time gone lol) and it's like I've had her for much longer than that. Her confidence is definitely up and she is definitely getting to know me.

I generally feed her about 7-8pm and within minutes she has popped her head out of her house when she smells the food. It was funny yesterday as she was out and about and I went to put her scoop of food in and she almost dragged it down so she could get to the food quicker lol.

She tried her first piece of walnut last night and chewed on it a little, but then left it for a while before deciding to pouch it and put it in her food store (which I've discovered is now inside her little cardboard house). I don't think she was overly keen on it, but it might be one of those things that she has a little, leaves and then comes back to.

I've been thinking of trying her on a tiny piece of cheese, but am a bit unsure as we generally have a mature cheddar in the house and was wondering if that might be a little too strong for her or would it be OK?

My best mate Alex has confirmed that he can come in and feed Little Minx and keep a check on my other pets (apart from Winnie who will be going on holiday at her favourite cattery), so that's definitely taken a weight off my mind whilst I am away. I am going away again at the end of the month, beginning of April but my parents are going to look after Minx then for me.

That's all for today - will update next week!

Mweekie xx

Currently being owned by: Casper (Syrian Hamster) Winnie (cat), Inca (corn snake), Leo (Leopard Gecko), Truffle and Speedy (tarantulas)
Mweekie is offline   Reply With Quote