View Single Post
Old 02-26-2022, 12:55 PM  
Axeriax
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Trixie silent wheel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
I don't think its a matter of quality because the 12in Silent Spinner is a good wheel without gaps on the running surface whereas the small one has a design fault.

I find that a large wheel vibrates and bounces a bit when a big heavy Syrian hamster runs on it. Our Jack is a big boy and has the 12in Silent Runner which bounces but at the same time he runs well and with a straight back. I must do some research into this but believe that the wheels are designed to have some "give" and my assumption is to protect their joints but could be assuming completly wrong here.

As for the size, i've never had the 33cm Trixie wheel so don't know how stable it is on the metal wire type stand they're on. Going by size only it may be a good idea to opt for the 33cm.

That is a interesting train of thought, it might be the case. Just like they say you shouldnt run on asphalt too much as a runner because it is bad for your joints and knees.

I will opt for the 33cm, if it rattles too much I am sure the hubby can come up to a fix in his garage.

Keeper of D.Va the Leopard Gecko
Axeriax is offline   Reply With Quote