View Single Post
Old 02-25-2022, 10:19 AM  
Mweekie
Senior Hamster

Default Re: Introducing little Minx

Well time for another update on Little Minx

She seems to be a little bolder than she has been. Not bothered by me opening/closing her tank or giving her food. She has even allowed me to give her a couple of little strokes - and keeps trying to hold my finger when I have stroked her. I'm not sure when she'll be ready to be actually handled, but will give her the time she needs...any tips on starting to handle will be gratefully received.

I'm also a little unsure if I am giving/not giving her enough food or too much food. I give her one scoop of Rodipet Dwarf hamster mix (as advised from a couple of people on here), supplemented with a little Harry Hamster each night. Once a week I have been giving her a couple of mealworms - one of which was a live one, plus also a whole new millet spray a week as well. Fresh food wise she has had a couple of peas and a bit of sweet pepper (capsicum). She seems fairly happy with that, but again any tips would be gratefully received also.

Will update next week

Mweekie xx

Currently being owned by: Casper (Syrian Hamster) Winnie (cat), Inca (corn snake), Leo (Leopard Gecko), Truffle and Speedy (tarantulas)
Mweekie is offline   Reply With Quote