View Single Post
Old 02-23-2022, 01:46 PM  
Lilafernim
Senior Hamster

Default Re: Hamster rescues or breeders in Torbay?

Hi Heidii,

I’m sorry to hear you’ve still had no luck! I remember a while ago you made a diy cage thread (how did that go in the end?) and you were struggling to find one then.

I might have some good news for you but don’t get your hopes up. There’s this page on Facebook called Happy Hamsters UK and there’s like hotspots for different adoption places in the UK including the South West.

Here’s their website: Adoptions | Happy Hamsters UK

And the list of places they do in South West are:
Gloucestershire
Wiltshire
Berkshire
Somerset
Hampshire
Dorset
Devon
Cornwall

Obviously some are still quite far but ones like Devon are close.

I looked on their Facebook for you and one day ago they posted this:
“ Good afternoon fur fans and welcome to another South West branch update!

We've had an amazing 7 days!!

Adopted this week were
* Freddie - who now lives in a Detolf conversion
* Norman - who now lives in a detolf conversion

Surrendered this week we had
* Muffin - a 7 month old female dwarf
* Mischief - a 14 week old female Syrian

If you would like to offer any of the lovely hamsters in our care a furever home, please drop us a message!

Thank you - the South West team”

It doesn’t say which location, but to be honest sometimes with these adoption sites they sometimes have volunteers they’ll drop the hamster off with so you only have to travel half the distance to pick them up if you show a strong interest.

This is the link to their Facebook page as well: Log into Facebook | Facebook

I’ve not personally collected from them but I have followed them for a while now. They really do care about hamsters and seem to always have some ready for adoption. 5 days ago I think they had two male Syrians in that area so even if this female one is not possible maybe one will come about soon if you keep an eye out.

Best of luck!
Lilafernim is offline   Reply With Quote