View Single Post
Old 02-21-2022, 10:00 AM  
suby6
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Suddenly moving so much bedding around?

Thanks again to you both.

I will check out the used listings again and keep an eye out for a cheap and bigger space. I've checked in past and really just saw small colorful junky cage kits being resold, or that people here tend to want way too much for their old used items. I am in British Columbia, Canada. Near Vancouver.

For now I did use my dremel yesterday and removed a large section of the plastic platform and moved the wheel to the cage bars at the back. It does seem much more open and functional for him this way and seems that he can run around that lower area more freely now.

I've been trying to avoid doing a full clean out and spot cleaning. Issue is he doesn't seem to go in one spot and lately with all of the moving of bedding he's done every night its really gotten all mixed up aside from what's under his hidey hut. I clean his wheel and replace the bedding under it but at this point the whole cage area seems to be smelling equally musky and can smell it from across the room at times. Have been trying to use a litter box but so far he seems to just treat it as a curious hang out spot or another place to stash some snacks and have a nibble.
suby6 is offline   Reply With Quote