View Single Post
Old 02-05-2022, 08:25 AM  
Mweekie
Senior Hamster

Default Re: Introducing little Minx

Hard to believe that I've had Little Minx for just over a week now! She definitely seems to have settled into her new home and has started to trust me.

Minx is definitely an active hamster once she gets up and going and has now got more of a routine once she is up. She generally will have a stretch and yawn as she comes out (really must try to get a photo of this - such a big mouth for such a small little hamster lol), then will go on hunt for her treats, will pouch one and eat one (depending on what it is), then will hide her pouched treat before going to her water bottle for a drink and then attack her millet spray lol. She'll then run on her wheel for a bit before going of for a small nap again, then will come back out later on in the night for her main food and another run on her wheel.

She is still a little nervous of me, but considering I have only had Little Minx for just over a week, I am not surprised. She's definitely happy being on her own, especially as she doesn't have to 'share' things with her 'housemate' Minnie now. I am slowly gaining Minx's trust though, especially as she is getting to know that I'm the one who has been feeding her and giving her water every day. She's not bothered by Winnie (cat), and will quite happily be munching away whilst Winnie is watching her - she is very calm around all my animals and is always supervised in my room and door is closed when I am at work so she doesn't cause trouble.

It's strange though how such a small, little hamster can gently nudge at your heartstrings though lol.

Mweekie xx

Currently being owned by: Casper (Syrian Hamster) Winnie (cat), Inca (corn snake), Leo (Leopard Gecko), Truffle and Speedy (tarantulas)
Mweekie is offline   Reply With Quote