View Single Post
Old 02-04-2022, 12:21 AM  
Peanui
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Help regarding hamster supplements (Oxbow Joint and Urinary support) ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
I honestly don't know the answer but both supplements contain glucosemine which is beneficial for joints but don't really understand how it can help to prevent utis'.

Personally, i don't give supplements to my hamsters because everything they need should be in their food.
I do sprinkle hamster herbs for foraging and give a daily pinch of brown linseeds additionally to their hamster mix, treats and fresh food though. Aside from the glucosamine, it seems that the other ingrediets can be found in dried hamster herbs.

I would look into any possible side effects of glucosamine, especially when given as the listed main ingredient in two separate supplements.
Thanks a lot for your message. The only reason I want to give (or try for a while) him supplements is because he is recovering from a broken bone and has recurring UTI issues. However, I will follow your advise and add a daily pinch of brown flax seeds.

I tried looking for potential side effects of glucosamine, but couldn't find any. Thus, I wrote to the company to seek clarification.

Once again, I really appreciate your help and care.
Peanui is offline   Reply With Quote