View Single Post
Old 01-31-2022, 05:41 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Bloated tummy / possibly coughing?

You could try giving her a bit of scrambled egg on a teaspoon. It'll be a nice treat and might help bung her up. Also a bit of mashed banana on a teaspoon. Maybe alternate them. And it'll make up for not having fresh veg. Banana is also a "binder". For the scrambled egg you just make it with water, not milk. Whisk an egg in a mug with a splash of water and microwave it for about 15 secs. Stir, keep doing it for 10 seconds at a time until it's done. Just a little bit on a teaspoon,.

But keep an eye on her - they hide pain very well and sometimes you just have to see if she's trying to tell you something. I actually think she should still be on the metacam just in case she's in pain, but I wouldn't give it by syringe if meds distressed her. You can put metacam in any bit of tasty food and its nicer for them that way - more like a treat than an ordeal. If the vet said to stop it due to the diarrhoea, you'll need to weigh things up after a day or two. Hopefully the diarrhoea will improve and then you can start metacam again - and see if it stays improved. I think it's more likely the baytril has given her diarrhoea.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote