View Single Post
Old 01-31-2022, 03:01 AM  
Mweekie
Senior Hamster

Default Little Minx's Thread

Well Minx has completely blown me away, yesterday and surprisingly...this morning!

I got home from work last night, not expecting Minx to be up and about yet...but she was up and chewing the roof of her disposable house! I expected her to dash into it as soon as she saw me, but she just watched me and I took a chance. I picked up a couple of sunflower seeds and as quietly as I could, I opened her tank.

Minx didn't move or flinch, so, whilst quietly talking to her I held out a sunflower seed to her and after a minute, she gently stretched up and took it and then started to eat in right in front of me as bold as brass lol. She did it again with the second one and pouched that one for later. I didn't want to push her any further and said thank you to her and closed her door. She then headed for her terracotta house and that was the last I saw of her last night.

I woke up this morning and Minx was back out and exploring all over...so I did the same as I did last night and this time she came over to me and started smelling my fingers and took a dried mealworm from me and then headed back into her house again.

So very pleased with how well Minx is settling into her home. By the looks of things Minx is going to tame quicker than Bonnie did, bless her. Still going to take it slowly with Minx though as I don't want to ruin the bond she is getting already.

Mweekie xx

P.S - I've changed thread name to Little Minx's Thread - as going to keep this as her own thread

Currently being owned by: Casper (Syrian Hamster) Winnie (cat), Inca (corn snake), Leo (Leopard Gecko), Truffle and Speedy (tarantulas)

Last edited by Mweekie; 01-31-2022 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Changing Thread Title
Mweekie is offline   Reply With Quote