View Single Post
Old 01-30-2022, 01:36 PM  
hammielandlovely
Newborn Pup

Question Re: Help - small bugs in water bowl?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolyRocks View Post
Help - I just went to put some fresh water in my hamsters bowl and found a little cluster of tiny white bugs on the inside edge of the bowl. It looked like a circle of white dots and when I looked closer they were moving!! What are they and why were they in his water bowl??
He has a bowl instead of a bottle because I got him when he was older and that's what he had been used to and even though I tried a bottle he never really used it. His water bowl is close to his food bowl and I had a good look in there and couldn't see anything. Obviously I took them both out and gave them a thorough clean but could they be everywhere in his cage?!
I give him mineral water out a bottle daily and have never seen these bugs before... it's making me itch just thinking about them!!
Please help!

Update - Found a couple more very tiny brown bugs on top of his wooden shelf where I keep his food and water bowls. Does this mean a complete cage clean out is required?! I have no idea where they have come from as I freeze food, toys, treats etc!

hey, ive never used this website before so idk if im using the right way to contact you but i have the same description of the bugs in my hamsters enclosure and i keep going back and forth as to what they are and what to do to get rid of them, did you ever find out what bugs they are? i looked at your image attached and mine are the exact same, in crowds and they seem to have made a path leading to my hamsters water bowl, so overall my question is did you identify the bugs and how did you get rid of them (if you did), and how long did it take to get rid of them? (once again, if you did) thanks!
hammielandlovely is offline   Reply With Quote