View Single Post
Old 01-30-2022, 02:44 AM  
ShadowNinjaHamster

Default Re: Losing fur on belly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilafernim View Post
Hi again, you may remember me saying before I’m less experienced than others on here. I think fur loss can be influenced by not having dietary balance so make sure he’s having veggies as well as a mix of other foods. It could also be an allergy if you’ve added anything new to the cage. I just think how it looks just focus on spot cleaning, giving veggies and healthy diet mix, and ensuring water is all accessible.

This is my personal opinion and I’m happy for someone to correct me if I’m wrong but I wouldn’t say it looks awful, you can clearly see the pink and a second opinion from a vet would remove any doubt (glad you found an exotic vets!). It may just be something minor or even change in weather but I’m not experienced enough to say really.
What kind of veggies? He gets salad, cucumber. What else is missing? He doesn't eat apples nor cheese and I think he doesn't eat corn or whatever those yellow things in his seed mix are.
He puts paper in water bowl for whatever reason and I have to change it constantly.

I didn't add anything new, but I recently cleaned all of his cage.
ShadowNinjaHamster is offline   Reply With Quote