View Single Post
Old 01-29-2022, 05:57 AM  
Mweekie
Senior Hamster

Default Re: Introducing little Minx

Well, Minx was up and about a little last night
I had just switched off my bedroom light and was reading my Kindle in the dark (only way I can get to sleep at night) when I heard a little scuffling sound, so I put on my little lamp and she paused whilst she was on her wheel.

I was glad of this as I wasn't sure if I had put her house close enough to her shelf, which has the wheel and water bottle stand on it, so I had put a couple of treats up on the shelf and her wheel and it really pleased me to see her up and about.

I didn't move from the bed as I didn't want to startle her too much, but after she paused on the wheel, she did quickly jumped off the shelf, onto her house, climbed down to the base of the tank and dived into her house, but I gently apologised for startling her and then turned off the light again (it's not very bright and it faces the wall so it's not bright for me).

So I am glad that she's was a little more confident last night and found her wheel etc.

Like with Bonnie, she's small and fast, but I'm hoping she will be able to start trusting me in the near future.

Mweekie xx

Currently being owned by: Casper (Syrian Hamster) Winnie (cat), Inca (corn snake), Leo (Leopard Gecko), Truffle and Speedy (tarantulas)
Mweekie is offline   Reply With Quote