View Single Post
Old 01-28-2022, 11:53 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Ethical Hamster Fair

How much is it? I didn't click on the link. I see the point that by calling it ethical suggests other shows aren't ethical! I didn't read it like that - I just saw it as them having an event about hamster care etc - as opposed to the info given out by pet shops. It needs explaining better on the info.

I've always wanted to go to one of the hamster shows and never quite made it. Ria I used to think that about the little pens, but Amethyst has explained it well above. In some ways it's a bit of a day out for a hamster and the checking on the grids is not much different to a check at the vets - except they're probably handled better! And they will sleep during the day as well. Just like they sleep in a pet carrier if you have to take them somewhere. I know some breeders have hamsters available at shows as well and it's one of the few places you can get a breeder hamster without being on a waiting list. Ethical in that I believe they aren't allowed to sell their breedling line hamsters.

Unike most pet "shows" it's not really so much about showing, it's about encouraging the good breeding practices. And a place to learn. If there were no breeder hamster shows, then people would resort to just buying them in pet shops and not know about good breeding.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote