View Single Post
Old 01-28-2022, 07:01 AM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Ethical Hamster Fair

This ethical hamster fair is new so really one would need to attend one to be able to comment reliably.

I'd happily pay the admission fee to find out what is on offer and what exactly they are trying to advocate.

I don't do social media, tried it once for a short time but couldn't fathom this whole following scenario.

As for hamster shows. I've been to one and frankly, i didn't know what to make of it. Yes, it was very interesting to see all the different hamsters but they were kept in tiny holding boxes without water or food as far as i could see. Surely, this can't be a pleasant experience for the hamster. Then i saw one sprawled out on some kind of a rack while the judges inspected them and thought that this was very undignified to say the least for the hamster.
There was a row of very small cages for sale as well. The kind of cages i would try and rescue hamsters from.

I do not have issues with ethical breeders i may add and understand the importance of breeding hamsters for health and temperament and to continue their lines. I have a pedigree dwarf myself for this very same reason but is it really necessary to make a public spectacle of them so the breeder can win a rosette?
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote