View Single Post
Old 01-25-2022, 11:51 AM  
heidii
Hamster Pup

Default Re: help on DIY cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilafernim View Post
I totally know where you’re coming from, I still think looking secondhand might be a good idea. Just as an example, someone’s already modified an IKEA storage thing it’s 163x43 cm mesh top with handles and only want £40 for it. You can also get vivariums and modify them, just seen someone giving one away for free that’s 4ft.

Obviously, it’s up to you what to do and building them can be a fun project and have it exactly how you want, I’m only suggesting it as it may save some time and money but would totally understand what you do either way.
I've looked everywhere, including Facebook market place, gumtree, etc. In South West Devon, I'm finding NO ONE with hamsters. The only breeder seems to have stopped their breeding as the site hasn't been updated in a while, and the hamsters who are looking for new homes are about 80 miles away. Called the local pet stores as sometimes they have hamsters coming back in from being adopted and then brought back, but none have come back. Also asked if any hamsters have been there for a while & they can't sell, but was only told their oldest there was 13 weeks and from a large scale breeder.

As for the cages, I'm finding nothing as of the moment that's something that I'd want. Good news is I'll probably get them the larger Platsa range as I've decided to switch rooms with someone, giving me a TON more space for the little guy.
heidii is offline   Reply With Quote