View Single Post
Old 01-24-2022, 04:20 PM  
Lilafernim
Senior Hamster

Default Re: help on DIY cage

Hi, based off your video I would say your acrylic glass should be 80x40cm. I know the size is 80x55cm but that’s for length and width, the glass will go on the front and be length by height which is 80x40cm.

I would definitely say though to order this first, then measure before cutting because very often they’ll say these measurements and it will be slightly off, or could be from the insides in which case it would need to be slightly bigger, best bet is to order first and measure before cutting the acrylic-glass.

Also, as a suggestion, I do love the look of these types of cages but watching her make it, you may have problems cutting if you don’t have a proper knife, and double sided sticky tape is sticky but I don’t know if it would last. Plus its £20+acrylic glass cost + sticky whatever cost + delivery.

I just wanted to suggest a second hand cage. Don’t know if you’re UK or US, I’m UK and would recommend the Alaska cage. It’s roughly 85x50cm, and second hand go for £20 / £30, mine was £20. If you’re US I’ve heard the equivalent is the Kevin 82 cage but I don’t know if you’d have gumtree or anything like that to buy secondhand.
Lilafernim is offline   Reply With Quote